Saturday, October 4, 2008

October Dramatic Play

This is the easiest dramatic play area that I have ever put together or set up. I put my costume box into the dramatic play area along with, a set of 4 Halloween or fall themed plates, cups and napkins, some invitations that I made up on my computer, a table cloth and some miscellaneous decorations. (All these things I got at thrift stores or the dollar store). The children love it and it actually relieves some of the "Halloween Hype" because they get to act out the event without the sugar rush.
I also created a themed writing bag called the "Boo Bag" This contained some party invitations, black and orange pens, envelopes and some Halloween phrases that we brainstormed as a class and I wrote on orange construction paper. The "Boo Bag" can also be used during independent work time.

No comments: