Thursday, August 14, 2008

My Little Sister Ate One Hare

This is a story prop set for the book My Little Sister Ate One Hare by Bill Grossman. The purpose of this activity is to encourage my students to retell, summarize and act out this amusingly gross story.

To make this activity I used a thermal lunch bag. (Check the lost and found at your school for unclaimed treasures.) Some sheets of foam, permanent marker and Velcro. I drew the characters on the foam with permanent marker and cut around them creating one piece per character. I velcroed the little sisters face to the front flap of the lunch bag. (I did this in case I needed to replace the face, use the lunch bag for something else or I needed to store the entire set and wanted to put all the pieces inside the bag.) I plan to add the set to my classroom library after I have introduced the book and practiced with my students.

No comments: